canberrabirds

re Tidbinbilla Lyrebird survey Saturday 15 June

To: "" <>
Subject: re Tidbinbilla Lyrebird survey Saturday 15 June
From: Chris Davey <>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2019 06:10:35 +0000

Hi, just a reminder that the Lyrebird survey at Tidbinbilla is on this coming Saturday. I note that the June newsletter has not yet been posted to the COG website so please find below the outing details.

Items for the June 2019 Gang-gang

Tidbinbilla Nature Reserve- Superb Lyrebird survey, Saturday 15th June.

Since the January 2003 bushfires Peter Fullagar and Chris Davey have been monitoring the return of the Superb Lyrebird to an area of the Tidbinbilla Nature Reserve.  They wish to get an idea of the present distribution within the Reserve and are asking COG members to join them for a morning’s survey.  They are calling for expressions of interest to join them at 8.00am at the Reserve car park to walk the trails and to record the location of calling birds.  Depending on the trails walked the survey should take about three hours.

This outing will be a repeat of the very successful surveys conducted at this time of the year since 2004.  For previous survey results see Gang-gang p7, July 2018.

Chris Davey MOB 0418679 847

Could you please let me know if you intend to participate either via email or SMS to 0418 679 847.

If you have registered and then for some reason decided not to attend could you please SMS me to let me know. No matter what the weather I will be at the Tidbinbilla carpark before 8:00 am

Hoping for decent weather, Chris