canberrabirds

Gulls and lights

To: COG List <>
Subject: Gulls and lights
From: Martin Butterfield <>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2019 18:50:03 +0000
I recently commented about a large flock of gulls that roost on the roof carpark at Target in Civic.  They returned last night about 2000hrs and after several noisy laps of the city area landed on the car park roof.   I was able to get some photos of which the attached shows about 1/3rd of the flock.  Looking at a fuzzier image that shows the whole flock I counted 231 gulls in total.

They didn't seemed to feeding (or sleeping) but just stood there.  I have heard occasional calls through the night but the roof is now gull-free.