canberrabirds

Fwd: Geelong Bird Report to Canberra Ornithological Group

To: canberrabirds chatline <>
Subject: Fwd: Geelong Bird Report to Canberra Ornithological Group
From: Sue Lashko <>
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2019 03:00:09 +0000
Members may be interested in the Geelong Bird Report 2013-16, details of which are below.

-------

Dear GFNC members and friends,

It gives me great pleasure to present to you the Geelong Bird Report 2013-2016.

It is the culmination of many years of work bringing together over 300 000 observations of more than 300 bird species submitted by more than 600 observers in the Geelong region.

You can download a copy by following this link …https://www.dropbox.com/s/qy13k9srany042v/Geelong%20Bird%20Report%202013-2016%20P.pdf?dl=0

There are many new aspects to this edition. To name a few, it is made available to everyone as a PDF, there is a front cover with colour images of a young male Australian Little Bittern and a juvenile Pacific Koel, two very important birds over the period 2013-2016, and there are wonderful seasonal distribution maps and seasonal frequency charts.

There are many people to thank (please see acknowledgments in the Report), in particular, I wish to acknowledge and thank Richard Alcorn for his data management and skill with producing the maps and charts, they add an indispensable facet to this publication, and it was a real thrill to work with Richard on this project.

And sincere thanks to all who contributed records, long may this continue.

Finally I commend this Geelong Bird Report to you and sincerely encourage you to delve into it, use it, time and time again to learn more about the fascinating birds of the Geelong region. Maybe it might even inspire your next birding trip.

Best wishes Craig,

Craig Morley