canberrabirds

Bird ID

To: "" <>
Subject: Bird ID
From: Mark Clayton <>
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2019 22:18:34 +0000

Lindsay,

Your bird is a male Varied Triller and appears to be moulting into adult (breeding) plumage or from juvenile to its first adult plumage.

Mark

I took the picture below at Cape Hillsborough (80km north of Mackay, Qld) a couple of years ago.  I decided at the time that it was an immature Varied Triller.  However, I was watching a video last night which included a bird that looked identical and it was a female Cicadabird.  Can anyone out there tell the difference? Which is my bird?

Regards

Lindsay