canberrabirds

FW: [canberrabirds] Regent Honeyeater

To: "" <>
Subject: FW: [canberrabirds] Regent Honeyeater
From: Geoffrey Dabb <>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2019 02:31:47 +0000

In Canberra Bird Notes somewhere is a report by Henry Nix of a Regent Honeyeater turning up in a nature strip he planted, under the title ‘The Ultimate Pay-off’ as I recall.

Re Shorty’s note on possible haunts, Callum Brae is nearby.  The honeyeater has been recorded there. Anywhere is possible.  Since 1996 I have seen the species at –

‘North Watson’ (breeding event)

ANBG

ANU

Black Mountain Peninsula

Mount Ainslie (by Mt A Dve)

Newline corner paddock

Campbell Park (both sides of Horse Xing

I just missed Jonette’s sighting at Callum Brae on a walk I was supervising.

All except the Newline sighting were the result of reports by others.  I am sure other people will have longer lists of sightings, drawing on early records when the species was less rare.