canberrabirds

Grey Goshawk (grey morph) reported

To: "" <>
Subject: Grey Goshawk (grey morph) reported
From: Steve Read <>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2019 23:55:35 +0000

I came across this recent (18 March 2019) report from the ANBG, with photo, of a Grey Goshawk (grey morph):

https://www.picruby.info/media/BvMe1zqBnqp

A Grey Goshawk (grey morph, Accipiter novaehollandiae) in flight. I was sitting on a bench above the Rock Garden at the ANBG, enjoying the afternoon Sun and some afternoon tea when I noticed a bird circling in front of me. When it disappeared behind the trees, I hoped that it would make another circle. It must have been my lucky day because it did indeed return. This time, I had my camera at the ready. Photograph taken at the Australian National Botanic Gardens (ANBG), ACT, Australia, on 20190318.

https://www.picruby.info/profile/momentsforzen

A grey morph is presumably unusual for the ACT.

Steve