canberrabirds

Fwd: Birds and fishing line

To: 'Con Boekel' <>, "" <>
Subject: Fwd: Birds and fishing line
From: Alison Russell-French <>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2019 22:59:11 +0000

Hi  All

Picking up Sandra’s comment about bins for discarded lines being located near fishing spots perhaps COG should consider whether it could look to provide signage at these spots showing the awful impacts on various species from carelessly discarded fishing line. This could also be raised at the BIGnet meeting COG is hosting in September to spread the word.

Con is also right about the need for education at the source point – that is the buying point.

Regards

Alison

Alison Russell-French OAM

PO Box 1045