canberrabirds

Hobby vs Noisy Friarbird

To: Steve Read <>
Subject: Hobby vs Noisy Friarbird
From: shorty <>
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2019 08:28:15 +0000
Steve, i have no doubt the Hobby was treating it as prey. I have seen them take and consume Crested Pigeons at my place on a few occasions. I have also noted at Lake Eucumbene in the Snowy Mountains persue a group of Gang Gangs and single out one bird, although they ended up out of my view the Gang Gang became silent once they got to the shoreline.

Attached a pic of a Hobby eating a Crested Pigeon at my place and the Hobby in pursuit of the Gang Gang.

Shorty