canberrabirds

Koels "ko-eling" and Koel fledglings

To: Jack & Andrea Holland <>, "" <>
Subject: Koels "ko-eling" and Koel fledglings
From: John Harris <>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2019 04:37:03 +0000

Gungahlin (Nicholls) koels rather quiet but still a few around after me thinking they had gone altogether . Still the odd call along Ginninderra Creek - wirra-wirra but no ko-el nor female squawk.

Male koels eating soft fruits yesterday.

No breeding observed along Ginninderra Creek  but some breeding on Percival Hill. Begging young this morning on Percival Hill.