canberrabirds

Firebirds

To: John Harris <>
Subject: Firebirds
From: David Rees <>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2019 04:32:16 +0000
Black kites are very widespread birds from here through south and central Asia, Africa and into southern Europe.  They are common in dry fire-prone areas and probably do the same elsewhere.

A quick search found other bizarre bird fire behaviour, this time involving crows in Japan, stealing lit candles from temples and causing fires. Have a PDF paper if anyone is interested.

David