canberrabirds

COG outing to Tumut area, Canberra Day long weekend

To: Cog line <>
Subject: COG outing to Tumut area, Canberra Day long weekend
From: sandra henderson <>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2019 05:21:09 +0000
The February issue of Gang-gang gives brief details for this outing to an area COG seldom visits. A small group of us help out with surveys at the wetlands there every three months, and we've had the opportunity to visit some other sites of interest. Our Tumut-based COG member who does Birdlife Australia surveys in the region is assisting with an itinerary for visits over the weekend, and a local landholder has offered us a site for camping beside the Tumut River, just a few kms out of town. For non-campers, there are numerous motels, and a pleasant caravan park in town, also beside the river.
If you are interested in coming along, please let me know as soon as possible so I can advise the landholder how many people might turn up (he needs to put up an electric fence to stop his cattle wandering too close).

sandra henderson