canberrabirds

Flagged Snipe Photos needed

To: "" <>
Subject: Flagged Snipe Photos needed
From: Lori Gould <>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2019 07:31:44 +0000

Hi Everyone,

Apparently there are many Snipe getting around Kelly’s Swamp at Jerra Wetlands with leg flags on at the moment which we would dearly love photos of if anyone happens to be hanging around with a big lens!

We have so far identified 7 birds this season, 3 of which were from last year and have been to Japan and back.

Very loyal little birds.

On a related note, last weekend we caught a Snipe with bright yellow legs and a short beak and body, and another one with 20 tail feathers when they should have no more than 18. We have confirmed them as Latham’s Snipe but odd forms. We are trying to find out more form various wader experts but it is rather perplexing.

Cheers Lori

Lori Gould

Program Manager

Woodlands and Wetlands Trust (Jerrabomberra Wetlands)

M: 0439 030 058

PO Box 58 Fyshwick ACT 2609

www.woodlandsandwetlands.org.au