canberrabirds

"Anthony Overs is not lying"

To: "" <>
Subject: "Anthony Overs is not lying"
From: John Harris <>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2018 03:52:30 +0000

There are many factors influencing the number of species of birds observed in a GBS site, but the single greatest factor, surely, must be the location of the site. I regularly recorded over 60 species, but that was not particularly related to my garden, although it is consciously bird-friendly, nor even to my time spent observing, but mostly because I back onto a reserve in which Ginninderra Creek is within the prescribed 100 metres of my home. Those whose homes are adjacent to bushland must surely have a higher count, even if you restrict the count to those birds actually observed in the yard itself.