canberrabirds

Call for authors of Annual Bird Report

To: Canberrabirds <>
Subject: Call for authors of Annual Bird Report
From: Paul Fennell <>
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2018 04:58:42 +0000
Hello everyone

In recent years the Annual Bird Report has been written by a team of authors and edited by myself.  The current authors are Barbara Allan, Bill Graham, Chris Davey, Con Boekel, David McDonald, Ian McMahon, Joan Lipscombe, Nicki Taws and myself.  We each write up a suite of birds that are generally of the same family or group of families. Nicki for example writes up the honeyeaters, while Ian does the cockatoos and parrots.

As usual, there is generally more work than personnel available, so I am asking for assistance in writing up some species such as Robins and the little brown birds related to thornbills and their allies.

So there are vacancies for 1 or 2 more authors.

If you think you have the requisite skills and interest in writing up these species, have a look at your copy of the most recent ABR in Canberra Bird Notes (on our website) to see the type of writing we do.  It is hard to say how much time it takes to complete the writing task, but my estimate would be in the range up to 20-30 hours tops.

Then if you are still interested, give me a call on my mobile, or send me an email so we can discuss things.

If you know of someone who might do the job but may not read this message, please do a bit of recruiting for me.

Warm regards to all

Paul Fennell
Editor, COG Annual Bird Report
0407105460