canberrabirds

Superb Parrots on Cooleman Ridge

To: Jack & Andrea Holland <>, "" <>
Subject: Superb Parrots on Cooleman Ridge
From: Wayne Gregson <>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2018 07:33:00 +0000
Jack

10 minutes ago 4 Superbs flashed past the front of my place in Duffy!  A first for me here

cheers

Wayne

Sent: Monday, November 19, 2018 10:35 AM
Subject: [canberrabirds] Superb Parrots on Cooleman Ridge

My otherwise very ordinary survey on Cooleman Ridge this morning was was much enlivened when I flushed 2 male Superb Parrots into some trees, where they stayed allowing good views before dropping down into the grass again.

My first ever record from my local patch of NW Chapman, W Rivett, NW Cooleman Ridge and Narrabundah Hill.

Another first was the sighting of a large Wombat around 8:35 am, staying up late on its way into one of the several holes that have been in the area for a number of years.

Jack Holland