canberrabirds

Woodswallows etc

To: Graeme Clifton <>
Subject: Woodswallows etc
From: Martin Butterfield <>
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2018 07:23:04 +0000
Thanks for the tip!

On Sun, 11 Nov 2018 at 17:41, Graeme Clifton <> wrote:
Dusky Woodswallow sitting on nest on Wanna Wanna Rd Carwoola.

Graeme Clifton

Sent from my iPad

On 11 Nov 2018, at 5:02 pm, Martin Butterfield <> wrote:

We have had a flock of mixed Woodswallows over my GBS site all afternoon.  Most are too high or fast moving to ID but of those I could get a clear sighting, it seemed about 50% each of Dusky  and Masked.  No White-browed (again).  Maximum estimate flock size of 50 birds.  We went to the Plain to see if there was any action by these species down their and again too high, too distant and too fast.  They were heard over a good proportion of the Plain.

No Fairy Martins evident in their culvert towards Hoskinstown, but I did hear my first Rufous Songlark of this season.