canberrabirds

Indian Mynas

To: "" <>
Subject: Indian Mynas
From: Geoff <>
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2018 07:53:09 +0000

Hello All

I am a member of both COG and CIMAG (Canberra Indian Myna Action Group). I received the following email from CIMAG:

To all our CIMAG Members:  after operating for 12 years with a low-cost program, we now find that we are struggling financially to meet the costs of running even a very trim voluntary organisation: costs for such things as insurance, printing of brochures / handouts, audit, database management and trap building materials etc are exhausting our meagre funds.  While we have always been reluctant to call upon members for additional donations to keep the organisation afloat, your CIMAG Committee now finds it has no option but to seek your financial support.

Over our 12 years we have made big inroads into reducing myna numbers, but the task is an on-going one:  mynas seem to have made a come-back over the past two years and we need to maintain the campaign.   But we will not be able to do so unless we can get funding support.

So, if you are able to help out financially, we would really appreciate it:  any contribution that you are able to make would be very welcome.  If you can assist, the easiest (and safest) would be to transfer funds to our CIMAG bank account with Bendigo Bank.  The details are:

BSB: 633000

Account:  128979804

Account title:  Canberra Indian Myna Action Group.

If you do make a donation by electronic bank transfer, can you please also include your name.

If you would prefer to send a cheque, please make it out to Canberra Indian Myna Action Group, and forward it to CIMAG, c/- 6 Fanning Place, Kambah, ACT  2902.

Kind regards

Bill Handke

President

CIMAG

I have checked with both CIMAG and COG and both are agreeable to me sending this email to the CanberraBirds email discussion list.

It is up to each person whether they donate.

Thanks.

Geoff McVeigh