canberrabirds

FW: Re: Geoff Duggan

To: 'Geoff Duggan' <>, "" <>
Subject: FW: Re: Geoff Duggan
From: Philip Veerman <>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2018 04:19:23 +0000

Hello Lyndel,

Sorry to hear of this. Thanks for letting us know. Geoff was a member of COG for a long time (I don’t know from what year) and although he did not go to a lot of meetings recently (I don’t know about outings), he led at least one pelagic trip that I went on, that COG had, several years ago he certainly retained an interest. I guess I have missed the opportunity to clarify whether that was a Black Petrel or a Westland Petrel that we saw that day. I last saw him at Woden centre about 2 months ago and we stopped to chat about whatever bird stuff caught his interest, and various people things, who is doing what etc. He was interested in what has happened to the world bird database that John Penhallurick (another COG member) had developed and what had happened after motor neurone disease - and dying - prevented John’s continuing.......

Philip