canberrabirds

Another ANBG winter visitor (audio and video) - Crescent Honeyeater

To: 'David Rees' <>, "" <>
Subject: Another ANBG winter visitor (audio and video) - Crescent Honeyeater
From: Philip Veerman <>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2018 13:06:29 +0000

Yes a nice recording. 2 Comments.

After hearing this one the system plays another set of bird sounds, a medley I think but I don’t recognise the sounds (one is likely a Sacred Kingfisher). Is that from New Zealand? .......... Oh I think it is explained there..........

When I was in Philippines earlier this year, at 2 bush sites I heard a sound just like that call of a Crescent Honeyeater. It wasn’t of course, as they are not there. I was unable to view the bird. I really don’t know what it could be or how to find out……

Philip