canberrabirds

ID please

To: 'Ann Eldridge' <>, 'Canberra Birds' <>
Subject: ID please
From: Philip Veerman <>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2018 11:32:34 +0000

Hi Ann,

Most certainly is a Black Kite, the forked tail makes the ID obvious. But also all features of the shape of the bird, angled dark wings, small feet and especially the dark smudge on the face is diagnostic. This is at least the second local recent winter record. Is generally a summer visitor. Evidence of change. I didn’t know you have Siamang, don’t they call loudly anyway?

Philip