canberrabirds

FW: [canberrabirds] White-cheeked x New Holland HE hybrid Narrabundah

To: "" <>
Subject: FW: [canberrabirds] White-cheeked x New Holland HE hybrid Narrabundah
From: Geoffrey Dabb <>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2018 22:44:15 +0000
What an interesting record Ryu.  It could be the bird from JWNR. I have only
seen that bird when there was flowering, either euc or shrub (usually
grevillea, sometimes callistemon).  Locally the NHH is usually found near
Grevillea. I was looking yesterday at JWNR and there is little flowering and
only the odd NHH.  It is quite possible the bird has wandered, as it probably
has before, in search of food. However over the last 2 seasons breeding
activity has been at the same location at JWNR.

It is possible it is a different bird of related origin.  It is not known
whether occasional reports of a WCH at ABNG are attributable to the Jerra bird.

I'll take a look at the weekend when the industrious students of Narrabundah
College are pursuing their studies at home.  Of course it could turn up
anywhere there is suitable flowering.