canberrabirds

eBird and Black-shouldered Kite

To: Mark Clayton <>
Subject: eBird and Black-shouldered Kite
From: Martin Butterfield <>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2018 00:35:25 +0000
So what do you use to record birds Mark?  I have been unable to find anything better, and any system that is driven by taxonomists will have some problems as they keep changing their minds and refusing to agree with one another.

I am pretty sure that Chris's issue has arisen from his eBird language setting having come unset from Australian English.  Both on my phone and laptop eBird shows Black-shouldered Kite (Australian).