canberrabirds

Swift Parrot and Regent Honeyeater surveys

To: "" <>
Subject: Swift Parrot and Regent Honeyeater surveys
From: Debbie Saunders <>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2018 08:09:49 +0000
Hi everyone,
The BirdLife Australia National Volunteer surveys for Swift Parrots and Regent Honeyeaters is fast approaching (26-27th May or a week either side) and we'd love for some COG members to join in the fun both locally, in the Riverina and on the South Coast.

After a short visit from a few birds early in the season here in Canberra there are now up to 150 swift parrots in the Hunter Valley as well as some birds in the Spotted Gum forests on the South Coast.  However there are many other sites in the local region where they could be but no one has surveyed them yet.

So the upcoming surveys provide us with an opportunity to head out bush and see where we can discover them.

If you would like to join us for the survey weekend, please email me at and we can identify some sites for you to survey (we can recommend or you can specify sites you would prefer)

Thanks very much, happy birding!
Debbie