canberrabirds

Re: Fw: [canberrabirds] Spangeld Drongo Narrabundah Hill 8am.

To: Jack & Andrea Holland <>
Subject: Re: Fw: [canberrabirds] Spangeld Drongo Narrabundah Hill 8am.
From: Martin Butterfield <>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2018 05:52:56 +0000
There was a Spangled Drongo in Carwoola a couple of months ago (reported to chatline).

Sorry, I meant to reply to the chat line as well.

Sent: Tuesday, May 8, 2018 2:27 PM

Jean, a very interesting find.

I note that the most recent record on eBird is from Eucumbene Drive Duffy on 4 September 2012 (I recall Noel Luff found it and many others observed it too) though the 2016-2017 ABR that arrived in my letterbox today says the most recent record in the COG AoI was in 2014, presumably outside of the ACT.

Regards

Jack Holland

Sent: Tuesday, May 8, 2018 12:08 PM

Seen perched on the left hand side of the northern fence line about 300 metres from the Eucumbene Drive style (Warragamba Drive end of Eucumbene Drive). Photographed poorly with mobile phone at approx. 8am. The bird was not bothered when I approached it, but a bit intimidated by a female Rufous Whistler.

Cold cloudy morning, no sun and so very quiet until 11am..

Jean