canberrabirds

Honeyeaters - Jerrabomberra, NSW

To: COG-L <>
Subject: Honeyeaters - Jerrabomberra, NSW
From: "" <>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2018 05:08:57 +0000

Several thousand honeyeaters passed over my house today.  I took the opportunity to do some “flock sampling” (ie, took a lot of photos which I enlarged on my computer to the extent that I could identify species).  The results were interesting.  There were many large flocks passing through of between 100 and 300 birds and these were 70-80% White-naped.  Interspersed between these were a number of smaller flocks of 15-30 birds and these were predominantly Yellow-faced with only the odd White-naped among them.  There were also a lot of Red Wattlebirds scattered amongst the honeyeaters – more than I remember seeing in past years.

Regards

Lindsay Hansch