canberrabirds

Cotter Dam - Great Crested Grebe

To: COG List <>
Subject: Cotter Dam - Great Crested Grebe
From: Rhiannon Kiggins <>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2018 09:39:34 +0000
Hi All,

Is anyone able to give me directions as to where the Great Crested Grebes have been sighted at Cotter Dam? I went looking for them this afternoon and drove up towards the Cotter Dam Lookout until I was stopped by a locked gate further down the hill. I walked the remaining 2 km nearer to the 'Lookout' however didn't get further than the very top area which has the locked, tall perimeter fence with signs warning the area is under CCV footage. I assume this area is adjacent to the dam wall which is why access is prohibited.

I was very much hoping to add this bird to my list as I've never seen it before, however my efforts were not wasted, as I was fortunate enough to add the Hoary-Headed Grebe.

Any help (particularly a pin-point on Google Maps) would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Rhiannon
--
Rhiannon Kiggins