canberrabirds

Tharwa Store - mostly off-topic

To: 'COG List' <>
Subject: Tharwa Store - mostly off-topic
From: Wayne Gregson <>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2018 04:15:03 +0000
Returning from an overnight camp in Namadji this morning I was pleased to find that the old Tharwa Store  is still operating.  Val Jeffery who owned and ran the store for decades died last year and there was some doubt that it would keep operating.  The young guy serving said the store is still in the family and they are investing a little money to help increase turnover and viability.

Stopping at the store for a beer or an ice cream after a bushwalk, bird outing or camp is a long tradition in my family and one I hope will continue long into the future.  Plus the store is an important part of the Tharwa village community.

So if you are returning from an outing down south try and find time to drop in for some refreshment on the way home and enjoy a few minutes relaxing on the old verandah!   Might even see a bird or two in big gums out the front.

Wayne Gregson
(I have no commercial interest in the store!!)