canberrabirds

FW: Results from the January 2018 snipe count

To: "<>" <>
Subject: FW: Results from the January 2018 snipe count
From: Lori Gould <>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2018 07:07:58 +0000

This might be of interest to our Canberra “Snipers”…. See email below from Birgita Hansen.

On a local note – Birgita is coming to Canberra to give a talk at a COG meeting later in the year. I will make sure we put the word out for anyone interested in attending. We are also pulling together data from Jerra Wetlands over the past couple of years as well as reporting the findings from our Snipe radiotracking project. We are still picking up most of “our” birds at Jerra Wetlands to which radio transmitters were fitted in early December. The birds appear to be staying at the Wetlands (or at least returning there very regularly if they do leave - they are recorded there every 2-3 days). Similarly we have had reports of two of the birds caught this year and one from last year hanging around. Beautiful place to call home obviously.

Thanks for all your efforts – whether it be counting, photographing, reporting sightings, radiotracking, emailing me general observations, or just taking an interest!

Cheers Lori