canberrabirds

Black-eared Cuckoo

To: Con Boekel <>
Subject: Black-eared Cuckoo
From: Lindell Emerton <>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2018 11:28:35 +0000
I photographed only one Black-eared Cuckoo along with a lightly marked Horsfield's Bronze Cuckoo (a juvenile) on Wednesday morning when we first saw them and then this morning photographed a very distinctly marked HBC in the elms. I did see two of the HBC's today but had missed the Black-eared Cuckoo - according to others who were there - only by minutes!
Latest pic is on Flickr now too.