canberrabirds

Renewed call for Sulphur-crested Cockatoo/Little Corella roost site data

To: COG Chat <>
Subject: Renewed call for Sulphur-crested Cockatoo/Little Corella roost site data
From: Ryu Callaway <>
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2018 02:18:10 +0000
As we approach the end of the breeding season and communal roosts resume, I am once again asking for people to keep an eye out for roosting behaviour.
For the roost survey I am now only after data for Sulphur-crested Cockatoos and Little Corellas
We are still sorely lacking data across Canberra, but especially in Gungahlin, North and East Belconnen, and Inner South. I will try and put in a map of known sites in the next Gang-gang newsletter.

If you notice roost flights (regular movement of birds to/from their roost site in the early morning or dusk), please record the location and direction in which the birds are heading.
For any roost sites please provide the location.

Any observations will be gratefully received and can be provided by reply email or to

Ryu Callaway