canberrabirds

Koel fledgling advances

To: "" <>
Subject: Koel fledgling advances
From: Diana White <>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2018 23:36:04 +0000
I thought yesterday evening the fledgling here may have flown off after the storm etc ...it pipped & pipped for a long time being much more often up on the wire, then it finally flew off over back neighbour's house around 8:00 & disappeared.However there it was again this morning in its favourite place around  6:30.

I haven't been further than round the block around 6:30 earlier,trying to locate some other pipping I have heard from time to time...but no luck. Adult M & F both in Pinoak in front yard  further up Caley Cr as I went by, and flew away in different directions, M up to Rocky Knob, F towards Griffith shops. The fledgling here  keeps making limited forays along the Transact wire following the feeding WB but always returning to its favourite place.

Diana White