canberrabirds

Koels

To: "" <>
Subject: Koels
From: Philip Veerman <>
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2018 23:18:35 +0000

I have also observed a female Koel in this transition plumage. I am wondering if this is a statement of the obvious that females show similar transitions, just not as obvious as males show. Sorry I don’t do photos. I haven’t commented much on Koels but there are something close to 5 Koels around my GBS area most days, usually yelling from at least 5:30 a.m., not much of the “name” call, more the other calls. I have not yet noted any young this year.

Philip