canberrabirds

Koel fledgling & Adult females

To: "" <>
Subject: Koel fledgling & Adult females
From: Diana White <>
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2018 09:49:21 +0000
Around 8:00pm I noticed a F Koel adult on top of Transact pole silently observing the garden below where the fledgling had been continually pipping. Next the chick flew up to the Mulberry & the adult followed. There was a kefuffle and vocalizations in the tree & when I moved down underneath the Mulberry the fledgling was continuing making strained hoarse sounds & wing fluttering. The Adult was making a different sound,then it flew off. I looked up to the wires over the lower fence and another (?) / same returning(?) female was observing silently then flew off. The fl.continued the hoarse sounds for a little while then it flew back down into its usual spot in the Sour Cherry and started pipping again. A group of Adult birds had been calling out earlier
...they seem to return periodically.
Diana White