canberrabirds

VOI in the image possible Jerra break ins link

To: Philip Veerman <>
Subject: VOI in the image possible Jerra break ins link
From: David Rees <>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2017 03:12:47 +0000
Interesting re the vehicle, photo looks to me like a Toyota Land cruiser 70 series tray top, but not a new/current one.

Re CCTV, no need for cables, can be powered remotely with solar etc. however it would cost money and the gear could be attractive to thieves and for 'target practice'.

I've given up driving to Jerra,  however I am considering still going there by bus though.  Would not be hard, say using the current service 200 from Gungahlin/City to Fyshwick DFO.  Walk through from Wentworth Ave, in Kingston, off-peak every 15 mins of so. Those over 60 may qualify for a concession MyWay card which currently allows them free off peak travel (half fare otherwise)  - would make that option more attractive to some (disclosure - I do not qualify, yet!),  At $2.43 each way regular off-peak fare from anywhere in Canberra on a MyWay card, its cheaper than driving and the extra walk is probably not a bad thing. Bit cheaper still if you top your MyWay card up via BPay. Golden rule on Canberra buses for those unfamiliar - do not pay cash on-board, which is much more expensive!

David