canberrabirds

FW: [canberrabirds] Brown Goshawk Juveniles

To: "" <>
Subject: FW: [canberrabirds] Brown Goshawk Juveniles
From: Geoffrey Dabb <>
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2017 06:14:56 +0000

Like some other species, such as magpies, aggressive behaviour among B Goshawks varies greatly from individual to individual.  Some will slip away from the nest area before they are seen.  One member of a pair might be aggressive, the other timid.  If they are swooping they are likely to be stressed at human presence near a nest and unnecessarily approaching a nest or young should be avoided.