canberrabirds

A wild Olive Whistler chase?

To: "calyptorhynchus ." <>
Subject: A wild Olive Whistler chase?
From: Martin Butterfield <>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2017 20:22:50 +0000
The ANPS did a walk there about 18 months ago.  I recall the track got a bit indistinct for the second half but we foundthe flats (and the way back).

On 21 December 2017 at 19:45, calyptorhynchus . <> wrote:
There may be a problem, a few years ago I tried to go to Ginini Flats (I had been there around about 1995, though I didn't see Olive Whistlers, I first saw them in the ACT at Smoker's Flat, I don't think they are at Smoker's Flat any more).

I got there to find that the trail was no longer marked (it went from the carpark at the end of Mt Franklin Road down the remains of the old ski-slope and onwards beyond the base of the slope). I went down the slope, but at the base I lost the track and I didn't want to flounder round there getting lost.

If to manage to find your way to the Flats please let us know and I can make another attempt.

John Leonard