canberrabirds

Sort of related - bird call ID apps

To: David Rees <>
Subject: Sort of related - bird call ID apps
From: Martin Butterfield <>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2017 01:17:47 +0000
I suspect the key thing is the tolerances for matching the call.  By that I mean does the system always have to make a match, even if only 50% confident of the ID or does it return a statement like "Sorry no match possible"unless it is >95%  confident of the match?  Does it only return a single possibility or offer more than one plus probabilities (eg White throated Gerygone 55% Western Gerygone 45%).

There are many many options, its just good to see some work starting to happen since Shazam appeared on the music scene in 2008.