canberrabirds

peregrines

To: 'Cog line' <>
Subject: peregrines
From: Philip Veerman <>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2017 03:54:47 +0000

I see the Peregrine Falcons reasonably regularly above my house, not so far away (just under 3 km). It should be fairly easy to measure the exact distances. I expect these will be the same family. In about April this year I watched one hunting Galahs near the Kambah sports oval. Unfortunately I did not see exactly what happened due to intervening trees but it was easy to tell the Galahs knew they were targeted. Years ago I also saw one Black Kite and one Wb Sea Eagle along the Kambah Pool track (two different days). The pale tips to the upperwing feathers on the Black Kite photo would show it to be a juvenile bird.

Philip