canberrabirds

2018 field trips

To: canberrabirds chatline <>
Subject: 2018 field trips
From: Sue Lashko <>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2017 07:31:55 +0000
Dear members

I am currently working on the field trips programme for 2018 and welcome input from you.  It is always good to go to new destinations but old favourites are also fine.  At this stage, I have 18 weekends without trips.

If you would be prepared to lead a trip in 2018, please let me know, giving your preferred dates (2 or 3 possible dates would be good).  Remember, the options are:
  • the usual Sunday morning outing (usually within Canberra/Qbn ) but all day is fine (and you can go further afield eg Brindabellas or Namadgi)
  • Saturdays are also fine
  • nocturnal birding
  • weekends, long weekends or mid-week trips inland or to the coast (camping or accommodated in caravan park, motel etc) eg something for the Easter break
  • or any other sensible option!
A successful field trips programme requires volunteers to act as leaders.  You DO NOT NEED TO BE AN EXPERT BIRDER; rather I am looking for leaders who have  a favourite birding spot and who would like to share it with other COG members.  There are always people on an outing who can identify the birds.

I look forward to being inundated with offers.

Regards
Sue Lashko
Field trips organiser