canberrabirds

Asleep at the binoculars

To: 'Geoffrey Dabb' <>, "" <>
Subject: Asleep at the binoculars
From: Philip Veerman <>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2017 23:22:55 +0000

I recall that several years ago (at least 10) someone told me of having seen a group of White-breasted Woodswallows in Canberra, (if I remember rightly) on Mt Taylor. They (and I don’t remember who) said they did not want to report it, as there was no one else to collaborate it and it was not on the list ......... or something like that. If they are a reader of this, I hope I have recounted the story correctly, but I left it at that. I am confident about the species they were referring to.

Slightly less relevant, I was surprised at seeing many of the species in Manila in the Philippines. I had not realised that - this what I thought of as an Aussie - was there too. Then I checked the book.

Philip