canberrabirds

WTEs and drones

To: Dr David Rosalky <>, "" <>
Subject: WTEs and drones
From: Wayne Gregson <>
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2017 01:53:50 +0000
When I was at High School (many decades ago!!) I had an anthology of Australian Short stories.

One I have always remembered concerned the shooting and killing of an airborne WTE by a yobbo in a light aircraft.  The eagle’s mate witnessed this murder and never forgot.  The next time he spotted the aircraft aloft he stooped up-on it from a great height and ripped one of the wings off thus gaining what I thought was an honourable revenge!

something for drone operators to consider!!

Wayne Gregson

Sent: Sunday, October 1, 2017 12:35 PM
Subject: [canberrabirds] WTEs and drones

I don’t know whether people will be able to open this because it seems to be locked through my subscription.  But it is worth trying.  It is a great story in the Wall St Journal about WTEs attacking drones used for mapping.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/bold-eagles-angry-birds-are-ripping-80-000-drones-out-of-the-sky-1506701429?mod=trending_now_2