canberrabirds

Updates

To: COG List <>
Subject: Updates
From: Martin Butterfield <>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2017 20:25:09 +0000
The male Tawny Frogmouth has assumed the position (on the nest that is).  At 14 days that is the equal shortest period of nest building I have recorded.  It will be interesting to speculate whether they have sped up this stage of the process to compensate for the very late start to building.

I had not seen any Flame Robins around'for about 2 weeks and had concluded that they had decided against nesting in the area.  However in the last three days the birds have been visible (and audible) again.  I haven't yet been able to find a nest site, so its unclear if this is a second wave of migrants passing through or if the birds have been present continuously but just went into stealth mode for some petroical reason.