canberrabirds

Frogmouth attacked by Raven

To: canberra birds <>
Subject: Frogmouth attacked by Raven
From: Duncan McCaskill <>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2017 10:07:05 +0000
At the Pinnacle this morning I saw this Tawny Frogmouth being viciously attacked by a Raven. Pied Currawongs were also harassing it. The Frogmouth actually flew away to try to escape, something I've never before seen them do. It flew across Springvale Drive into Weetangera, only to be attacked by even more birds including Magpies. I lost sight of it as it flew north into Weetangera with its noisy escorts.

Inline images 1

There is a couple of seconds of low quality slow motion video linked here, showing the Raven striking the Frogmouth: ​https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5fCgw8Ch5MUM3RLdFVYU3dXajg/view?usp=sharing

Duncan.