canberrabirds

Scarlet Robins courtship display - Narrabundah Hill Reserve

To: canberrabirds <>
Subject: Scarlet Robins courtship display - Narrabundah Hill Reserve
From: Jean Casburn <>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2017 11:27:42 +0000

Most definitely signs of breeding.  One pair of the three pairs seen, were both displaying excitedly with feathers puffed up and calling in a peculiar growlish way. The male was pursuing the female amongst the upper branches of a large very leafy tree.  This went on for about 5 minutes, and then I saw the male deflated with wings held down and  back in what I believe to be breeding mode.  In addition a single male was calling persistently, and a single female was hanging out in a feeding flock.

A very pleasing visit

Jean