canberrabirds

FW: [canberrabirds] A musket of lyrebirds?

To: "" <>
Subject: FW: [canberrabirds] A musket of lyrebirds?
From: Geoffrey Dabb <>
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2017 05:40:13 +0000

And then there were the de Havilland ‘Moths’ (Tiger Moth, Fox Moth, Leopard Moth, Gipsy Moth and so on) said to have obtained their surname because the first one had wings that could be folded back to allow storage in small spaces, ‘Like a moth’  -  ‘said Geoffrey de Havilland, an avid lepidopterist’.