canberrabirds

FW: [canberrabirds] weed ID

To: "" <>
Subject: FW: [canberrabirds] weed ID
From: Geoffrey Dabb <>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2017 22:10:28 +0000

Can that be the Polygonum that gives it name to Polygonum Swamp north of Bourke?  I have often wondered about that name but have been unable to trace it.  Curiously, Charles Gray on the Burke and Wills expedition is said to have died at a Polygonum Swamp, which must be in the Boulia area of Queensland, possibly near the haunt of the Night Parrot.  Perhaps Night Parrots enjoy Polygonum, too.