canberrabirds

Bird ID Tidbinbilla Nature Reserve

To: 'Nick Payne' <>, "" <>, 'steven' <>
Subject: Bird ID Tidbinbilla Nature Reserve
From: Philip Veerman <>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2017 21:24:28 +0000

The unusual pose with a clear view of the toes (2 forward & 2 back) clearly show it is not any kind of passerine. This gives a good starting point, so just on the foot, it is a cuckoo. On what shows of the plumage pattern on breast and face I would also suggest it is a young Horsfield's Bronze-Cuckoo.

Philip