canberrabirds

pettichaps etc

To: 'Kevin Windle' <>, 'canberrabirds' <>
Subject: pettichaps etc
From: Suzanne EDGAR <>
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2017 02:46:10 +0000

Thanks so much Kevin; and other chaps; I shall fold that into my special edition, now lent to Chris D.

The info is in the  glossaries in my 2 paperback editions but I was not using them in this instance; had I not been a bit flustered I should have dived into them straight away, they were beside me!

Bate, Selected (Faber) gives bumbarrel as long-tailed tit; & pettichap as willow warbler.

Geoffrey Summerfield, Selected (Penguin) is the same for bumbarrel; but for pettichap gives chiffchaff.

Possibly other regional differences exist.

Sz