canberrabirds

Aust Painted snipe @ lake rd Bungendore

To: "" <>
Subject: Aust Painted snipe @ lake rd Bungendore
From: David Cook <>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2017 03:53:03 +0000
Nice video David, and good to see them “doing stuff” rather than just sitting still.

I went back around midday and they were still in the same location.

What was more surprising were 6 Latham’s Snipe – 1 on the fenceline mound between me and the Painteds, and 5 foraging together at the other (northern) end of the larger dam.

Also a Red-kneed Dotterel, several Black-fronted Dots, and lots of Australasian and Hoary-headed Grebes, many with young greblings (and large numbers of the usual ducks, etc).

No Plumed Whistling-Ducks at Burrows Lane dam, unfortunately

David