canberrabirds

A bird ignited by powerlines caused Tarago fire, investigators find

To: Canberra Birds <>
Subject: A bird ignited by powerlines caused Tarago fire, investigators find
From: "calyptorhynchus ." <>
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2017 01:48:16 +0000
Sorry, I'm just getting old and cynical. I imagine that firefighters and police being utterly sick of people who were nearly burning to death saying 'Why don't they get these arsonists and lock 'em up for life/hang them/death's too good for them/why don't the police DO something' (whereas arson would be a very easy crime to get away with)... so they just prefer to say the fire had some natural cause.

Even if you go to where the fire started and find a charred bird under powerlines how do know it wasn't just overcome by the smoke , fell down and then got charred?

John L